Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> on 2015/04/22 20:24:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 5.3.0 (RC2)

Hello All,

I've prepared a release for v5.3.0 (RC2) which is the first stable release
in the 5.3.x series. This is also the beginning of our Long Term Support
(LTS) version for 5.x as detailed in our Release Management document:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management

Changes since 5.2.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
version=12324896&projectId=12310963

A summary of the new features are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+New+in+v5.3.x

Information about upgrading to this release from previous ones is available
at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v5.0

The cache in this release is compatible with the previous 5.x and 4.x
releases.

The artifacts are available for download at:

http://people.apache.org/~sorber/releases/trafficserver/5.3.0-rc2/

MD5: 836a0686eb23bb3c7aa562030e54f80c
SHA1: ebfca4ae4608b95b9484647d19539dea26c3249d

This corresponds to git:

Tag: 5.3.0-rc2

Which can be verified with the following:

git tag -v 5.3.0-rc2

My code signing key is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~sorber/gpg-code-signing-key.asc

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

The vote is open until Apr 25th 2015. The vote is open for a shorter time
since we have a lot of experience from the first two RC's already.

Thanks to all those who helped in testing and tracking down bugs!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 5.3.0 (RC2)

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:24 PM Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've prepared a release for v5.3.0 (RC2) which is the first stable
> release in the 5.3.x series. This is also the beginning of our Long Term
> Support (LTS) version for 5.x as detailed in our Release Management
> document:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management
>
> Changes since 5.2.0:

> version=12324896&projectId=12310963
>
> A summary of the new features are here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+New+in+v5.3.x
>
> Information about upgrading to this release from previous ones is
> available at:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v5.0
>
> The cache in this release is compatible with the previous 5.x and 4.x
> releases.
>
> The artifacts are available for download at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sorber/releases/trafficserver/5.3.0-rc2/
>
> MD5: 836a0686eb23bb3c7aa562030e54f80c
> SHA1: ebfca4ae4608b95b9484647d19539dea26c3249d
>
> This corresponds to git:

> Tag: 5.3.0-rc2
>
> Which can be verified with the following:
>
> git tag -v 5.3.0-rc2
>
> My code signing key is available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sorber/gpg-code-signing-key.asc
>
> Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.
>
> The vote is open until Apr 25th 2015. The vote is open for a shorter time
> since we have a lot of experience from the first two RC's already.
>
> Thanks to all those who helped in testing and tracking down bugs!

We've run into some build issues on Illumos based OS's (which we don't have
a build box for, but we hope to soon) so there will be an RC3 now.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 5.3.0 (RC2)

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.