Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by KK...@bca-group.com on 2004/04/20 18:21:57 UTC

Re: ArraySerializer question ['Watchdog': Virus checked] ['Watchdog': checked]

hey Jagannath,

I saw ur declarations, it seems to be fine. Iam also tried out same stuff
it works very well.
Have u definied the beanMapping or typeMapping tag for ur Customer object.
You have defined the typeMapping for
array of customer objects, but have u registered customer object ?
If you have done that, it should work !!
let us know,
cheers,
-kannan

                      jagannath
                      <jagannath@advent        To:       axis-user@ws.apache.org
                      net.com>                 cc:
                                               Subject:  ArraySerializer question ['Watchdog': Virus checked] ['Watchdog': checked]
                      20/04/04 17:21
                      Please respond to
                      axis-user

Guys,

This is just a reminder. If anyone knows the reply for my below question
please help.

Thanks,
Jagannath

Guys,

Any comment on this?

Please help as this results in generation of incomplete WSDL file while
accessing from Axis Servlet. I am using Axis 1.1.

Let me know incase more information is needed.

Thanks,
Jagannath

Hi,

I have a question on ArraySerialization. I have defined my WebService to
return some custom object arrays. I have written serializer for the custom
object.
In my wsdd file I have put the below entries

<typeMapping xmlns:ns1="urn:AdventNetSoapAgentTypes"
      qname="ns1:ArrayOfString"
    type="java:java.lang.String[]"
    serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory"
    deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory"
    encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

<typeMapping xmlns:ns1="urn:AdventNetSoapAgentTypes"
      qname="ns1:ArrayOfCustomer"
    type="java:com.samples.Customer[]"
    serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory"
    deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory"
    encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

Now when I generate the WSDL file using the AxisServlet, only the
complexElement for ArrayOfString gets created as shown below

<complexType name="ArrayOfString">
    <complexContent>
        <restriction base="soapenc:Array">
            <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType"
wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[]"/>
        </restriction>
    </complexContent>
</complexType>

Similar entries for my custom object does not get created.

My question is am I not supposed to use "
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory" for my custom object
arrays.

Please provide your comments.

Jagannath.C
AdventNet ManageEngine JMX Studio
Off : 2243115 Extn:5252
Res: 22790045
Nortel: +91-925-895-6380
www.adventnet.com

This email and any attachments to it may contain confidential information
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, you
are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using
this email in any way. Unauthorised use of the information contained in
this email is unlawful. If you have received this email in error please
notify us on enquiries@bca-group.com and delete the email from your system.

Information contained in this email can not be disclosed, copied,
distributed or used in any way without the prior consent of the sender. Any
opinions, advice or facts given in this email are given without warranty or
the intention to enter into an agreement unless specifically stated and
confirmed by agreement, letter or such other documentation signed by an
authorised signatory of BCA Holdings Limited or any of its subsidiary
companies.

Any personal information contained in this email is strictly the view of
the sender and is in no way authorised or attributable to BCA Holdings
Limited or any of its subsidiary companies in any way. All emails through
the company gateway are subject to monitoring. The company cannot be held
liable for any errors or viruses contained in this message.

Re: ArraySerializer question ['Watchdog': Virus checked] ['Watchdog': checked]

Posted by jagannath <ja...@adventnet.com>.
Dear Kannan,

I have declared the typeMapping for the Customer object but still the
wsdl generated using Axis Servlet does not contain the ArrayOfCustomer
complexType.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Thanks,
Jagannath