Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Pados Attila <at...@gmail.com> on 2023/10/03 19:47:15 UTC

Re: empty/missing pdf content

Hi, here is the repository with test/reproduce code:
https://github.com/padisah/pdfboxtests

Here I am reproducing a character displacement problem: text that includes
'-' sign, they are shifted from position.
There will be more cases added, with missing content.

--
Attila Pados
Java developer

Re: empty/missing pdf content

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Sorry, there was a build problem. (unreliablee plugin) It worked just
now and there's a new file.

Tilman

Posted by Pados Attila <at...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
> <
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mbvN9RDKoesy0tJbj3GCO4VkMPjxYw5c/view?usp=sharing
> >
> >      >>>>>
> >      >>>>>>>>> Pdf generated with pdfbox 3.0.0 without restricting
> >     flatten's
> >      >>>>>>>>> input
> >      >>>>>>>>> fields
> >      >>>>>>>>>
> >      >>>>>>>>>
> >      >>>>>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mbvN9RDKoesy0tJbj3GCO4VkMPjxYw5c/view?usp=sharing
> <
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mbvN9RDKoesy0tJbj3GCO4VkMPjxYw5c/view?usp=sharing
> >
> >      >>>>>
> >      >>>>>>>>> there should be a text AB Manuel Test
> >      >>>>>>>>>
> >      >>>>>>>>
> >      >>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail:

Attila Pados
Java developer
+36204432457

Re: empty/missing pdf content

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Pados Attila <at...@gmail.com>.
I fixed the issue with missing input pdf file, and also re-run this test
project with the most fresh 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT version. (oct 5th)
So far, the character distortion remains,

[image: image.png]

On Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 5:04 AM Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That has now been fixed as well so you don't need that call if you're
> using the snapshot.
>
> Another small thing I noticed, which didn't play a role but is weird and
> you should fix it: you didn't close the content stream before
> flattening, you did so AFTER. This may or may not bring weird effects.
>
> Tilman
>
> On 12.10.2023 05:03, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > That one has been solved by now but it turns out I had discovered a
> > different bug than the one you have. Yours is similar to
> > PDFBOX-5489 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-5489> .
> > Please call
> >

> targetDoc.getDocument().setHighestXRefObjectNumber(sourceDoc.getDocument().getHighestXRefObjectNumber());
>

> > and then it works.
> >
> > @Andreas should the call that is in importPage() also be added to
> > addPage() ?
> >
> > Tilman
> >
> > On 07.10.2023 12:44, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
> >> I was able to reduce your test even further, and created an issue in
> >> JIRA:
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-5696
> >>
> >> Tilman

> Root/Pages/Kids/[0]/Resources/XObject/Form4/Resources/Font/Poppins-SemiBold

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LD0joGW9OnrXFPaY-HXZkwyKfFoCIe5L/view

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mbvN9RDKoesy0tJbj3GCO4VkMPjxYw5c/view?usp=sharing

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mbvN9RDKoesy0tJbj3GCO4VkMPjxYw5c/view?usp=sharing

Attila Pados