Posted to users@flex.apache.org by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> on 2017/03/14 04:02:01 UTC

Status Bar on Android Devices

I am writing an AIR app for iOS and Android.  I bought a Galaxy Tab II to do
my Android testing with, and whenever I tap on a text input so that the
keyboard shows up, the status bar showing the internet connection and
battery life at the top of the screen appears and obstructs the buttons at
the top of my screen.  I googled this scenario, and it appears the solution
for others has been to set fullScreen to true in the descriptor file.  I
have done this, but I am still having the problem, the status bar is
appearing when the keyboard shows up and obstructs my buttons.  Does anyone
have any ideas on how I can disable the status bar so that it doesn't show
up on Android?  Here is part of my descriptor file:

<initialWindow>
        <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
        <renderMode>direct</renderMode>
	<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
        <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>
        <visible>true</visible>
        <softKeyboardBehavior>pan</softKeyboardBehavior>
</initialWindow>

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

Posted by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net>.
The Installation Log reads as follows:

Installer version 3.2.0 (windows)
Using Locale: en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
SDK version Apache Flex SDK 4.16.0
AIR version 25.0
Flash Player version 25.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://www-us.apache.org/dist/flex/4.16.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.16.0-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the
reference. The file is valid.
Uncompressing: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\4.16.0\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.16.0-bin.zip
Finished uncompressing: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\4.16.0\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.16.0-bin.zip
Downloading Adobe AIR Runtime Kit for Windows from:
https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air//AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Error #1000

Installation aborted
Error #1009

Installation aborted

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/how-overlay-air-sdk-flex-sdk.html

Posted by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net>.
I was finally able to get AIR 25 installed now that somebody has come up with
an installer for the SDK that allows for the bigger AIR 25 footprint.  This
sort of helped my situation with the status bar, but not entirely.  When I
tap on a textinput, the status bar still shows up, obscuring the top of my
application and some of the buttons.  Fortunately, when you close the soft
keyboard, the status bar disappears.  This is certainly an improvement, but
not what I would call a solution.  I wish there was a solution where you
could TOTALLY disable the status bar so that it never obstructs your
application.  Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

Posted by Paul Moreau <pa...@zutec.com>.
According to the last post in this thread it is resolved in Adobe AIR 25.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2196155?start=40&tstart=0

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 4:02 AM, bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I am writing an AIR app for iOS and Android.  I bought a Galaxy Tab II to
> do
> my Android testing with, and whenever I tap on a text input so that the
> keyboard shows up, the status bar showing the internet connection and
> battery life at the top of the screen appears and obstructs the buttons at
> the top of my screen.  I googled this scenario, and it appears the solution
> for others has been to set fullScreen to true in the descriptor file.  I
> have done this, but I am still having the problem, the status bar is
> appearing when the keyboard shows up and obstructs my buttons.  Does anyone
> have any ideas on how I can disable the status bar so that it doesn't show
> up on Android?  Here is part of my descriptor file:
>
> <initialWindow>
>         <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
>         <renderMode>direct</renderMode>
>         <autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
>         <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>
>         <visible>true</visible>
>         <softKeyboardBehavior>pan</softKeyboardBehavior>
> </initialWindow>

*DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose
or use the contents in any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that
you have received the message and then please destroy. Zutec  Ltd is not
responsible for any changes made to this message and / or any attachments
after sending by Zutec. We use virus scanning software but exclude all
liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.*