Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 17:12:52 UTC

Not able to see my application Logs in workerLogs

Hi ,

I have deployed my topology in remote cluster .

Inside the open and prepare method for my spouts and bolts , I launch a
separate application (Spring Application) which  runs on a different port
(just like zookeeper etc) and I get the instance of this application for
use in my Spouts and bolts .

However , once this application gets launched , I no longer see any of my
logs in worker logs .

So  , can we launch a seperate application from spouts and bolts ?

Also , if we can do the above , how to get the logs printed in my Worker
Logs .

Thanks
Ankur

Re: Not able to see my application Logs in workerLogs

Posted by Harshit Raikar <ha...@gmail.com>.
Try this!

Add your custom appender in worker.xml as below:

<!-- Custom Appender -->
  <appender name="CUSTOM_DEBUG"
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
    <filter class="ch.qos.logback.classic.filter.ThresholdFilter">
      <level>DEBUG</level>
    </filter>
    <file>${storm.log.dir}/debug_${logfile.name}</file>
    <rollingPolicy
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy">
      <fileNamePattern>${storm.log.dir}/debug_${logfile.name
}.%i</fileNamePattern>
      <minIndex>1</minIndex>
      <maxIndex>9</maxIndex>
    </rollingPolicy>

    <triggeringPolicy
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy">
      <maxFileSize>100MB</maxFileSize>
    </triggeringPolicy>

    <encoder>
      <pattern>%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} %c{1} [%p] %m%n</pattern>
    </encoder>
  </appender>

  <!-- Custom Logging -->
  <logger name="<your_package example: com.project.storm>"
additivity="true" >
    <level value="INFO"/>
    <appender-ref ref="CUSTOM_DEBUG"/>
  </logger>

--
Thanks and Regards,
Harshit Raikar

Re: Not able to see my application Logs in workerLogs

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.
Any idea ppl .