Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/04 10:46:10 UTC

Re: buildbot exception in on jmeter-nightly

>    https://ci.apache.org/builders/jmeter-nightly/builds/1432

Technically speaking, "clean" could be omitted.

In other words, if you find a case when "clean" is required for
"successful/good/whatever" build, that means there's a bug in build script.

Extra "clean" would probably not hurt for a CI server, however if you use
clean a lot during development, then it is really weird.

Vladimir

Re: buildbot exception in on jmeter-nightly

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 4. August 2019 13:49:45 MESZ schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>:
>>jenkins are publishing their snapshots both into the same destination.
>
>Jenkins is not publishing yet.
>5.2.0-20190804.102941 is something I have deployed from my machine.

OK, so nightly builds are not a complete waist, yet :)

What is still missing: I have to adapt the indexing script to scrape for the newly named artifacts. (and change the design of those old HTML files to match the rest of our site)

Thanks for your patience with me.

Felix

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 04.08.19 um 13:40 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> Felix>I can remove clean step.
>
> I have no strong preference there.
>
> PS. I wonder if all those steps can be configured via Jenkins.
> It would probably easier to support one CI server instead of two (Jenkins
> and Buildbot).

Looking at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jmeter/jorphan/5.2.0-SNAPSHOT/
it seems that nightly and jenkins are publishing their snapshots both
into the same destination.

So we could probably remove the publish job from nightly (which has
hopefully worked now :)

Felix

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 04.08.19 um 12:46 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
>>    https://ci.apache.org/builders/jmeter-nightly/builds/1432
> Technically speaking, "clean" could be omitted.
>
> In other words, if you find a case when "clean" is required for
> "successful/good/whatever" build, that means there's a bug in build script.
>
> Extra "clean" would probably not hurt for a CI server, however if you use
> clean a lot during development, then it is really weird.

I tried to translate the old steps into the new steps. But if you want,
I can remove clean step.

Felix