Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/23 06:10:03 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache NetBeans 11.0 Gradle Patch 1 Release

Dear all,

Thank you for your votes!

I close the vote as it has been open for more than 72 hours with the
result of 3 +1 binding votes and one +1 vote from a community member.

+1 Binding Votes:

  * Geertjan Wielenga (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=geertjan)
  * Eric Barboni (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=skygo)
  * Antonio Vieiro (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=vieiro)

+1 Community Vote:

  * Kai Uwe Pel

This result makes the patch release accepted.
The followup events are:

  * Moving the files from staging to the release area.
  * The the new NBMs will be "overwritten" in the 11.0 release area
  * Wait 24 hours for mirrors to puck up the new files.
  * Update the updates.xml.gz in NetBeans VM
  * Send out announcements.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache NetBeans 11.0 Gradle Patch 1 Release

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Thank you John for the feedback!

It is good to know that it actually worked. And yes we actually shall
Sign our NBM-s. Right now that is a kind of gray area, so I'm going to
start a thread on the dev list...

Posted by John Neffenger <jo...@status6.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
What a brilliant way to provide updates to specific features in our repo.

Effectively, you can now work and release Gradle integration, for example,
completely independent of the release of the whole repo.

Gj

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Neil!

Then, I 'm not relying on the 24 hour waiting time.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.