Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de> on 2004/09/22 11:39:51 UTC

Re: RE : Collection foreignkey missing

BOUESSAY Christian wrote:

>Thanks ...
>
>And how do you manage foreignkeys in this case?
>by hand? in a separate SQL script?
>
>What are the alternatives?
>
>(we are planning to use xdoclet generation for more than one hundred classes)

I'm not really sure that you need database-enforced foreignkeys, at
least you shouldn't when you're solely using OJB to access the database.
Also, once you have inheritance mapping to multiple-joined-tables and
m:n relations, you may not even be able to use database-foreignkeys
because there is more than one target table for a given foreignkey.

Tom