Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Dietz <di...@ipsi.fhg.de> on 2003/10/28 16:25:40 UTC

using session transformer/accessing context

Hi,

I´m new to Cocoon and would like to know how to use the session
transformer. I did
read the documentation under
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/contexts.html
but it somehow popped more questions than it answered :-)

I generated a session context with
<map:transform type=”session”>
            <session:createcontext name=”test-context/>
</map:transform>

My questions now are:
Is it right to use
<map:transform type=”session”>
            <session:setxml context=”test-context” path=”/”>
                        <foo>bar</foo>
            </session:setxml>
</map:transform>
to add information to the context? Afterwards it would look like this?:
<foo>
    bar
</foo>

And the other questions:
How do I access information saved in the context? Is it possible to
access it from inside an xslt or xsp?
How do I load a file that depends on one of the parameters, like
{foo}.xml? The ways I tried
using session:getxml did not bring me any further.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Peter Dietz