Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Marcelo Jara <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/18 18:12:15 UTC

Adding abandonment rate to my test plan help

I have a test plan that includes a thread group with multiple http samplers in it. The flow is a user making a purchase on a web site. So it includes 1) Searching, 2) Adding to cart, 3) Checking out, 4) Purchase.
To be more realistic, I want to add abandonment rates. So I want to add something that would stop the iteration at either steps 1, 2, or 3. And this should be weighted so more people would abandon at step 3 vs step 1.
What's the best way to do this? Do I add an IF statement before each step and then based on a percentage, either perform the action or not?

Thanks,
Marcelo

Re: Adding abandonment rate to my test plan help

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Throughput_Controller

Posted by Marcelo Jara <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Yes. That's correct. We have an idea of abandonment rate based on production web logs and tracking sessions. Another big reason people abandon in our case is price. The total price (including tax and shipping) is seen at different stages of the checkout process.

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
sure both cases are true...

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Jara <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the example! Yes, this seems to be the easiest solution.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Jara <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hmm. I can try that.