Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Blaise NGONMANG <ka...@yahoo.fr> on 2012/08/23 14:57:09 UTC

Choose the location of a record

Hi

I just want to know if it is possible to select the server were we want to
insert a record.

Regards
Blaise

Re: Choose the location of a record

Posted by Ian Varley <iv...@salesforce.com>.
Blaise,

Generally speaking, no. The distribution of row keys over regions is handled by HBase. This is as you would want, so that the failure of any given server is transparent to your application.

There are ways to hack around this, but generally you shouldn't design in such a way as to require that.

What's the requirement motivating your question?

Ian