Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Carsten Pieper <ca...@continentale.de> on 2008/07/21 16:09:45 UTC

[TRINIDAD] Tooltips (shortDesc) not shown for children of panelFormLayout

Hi all,

is this a bug or a (strange?) feature?

Normally (or at least, how I expected things to be), when I define a tooltip
on an inputText, inputDate, etc. via shortDesc, then the tooltip is shown
when the cursor hovers over either the label or the "field". But as soon
as the inputXxx is nested in a panelFormLayout, the tooltip is only
shown for the field, not for the label :-O

Example:

the field"></tr:inputText>

the label and the field"></tr:inputText>

Any ideas? Thanks,
Carsten

Re: [TRINIDAD] Tooltips (shortDesc) not shown for children of panelFormLayout

Posted by Carsten Pieper <ca...@continentale.de>.
A little more info: The tr:panelFormLayout itself has an attribute shortDesc.
This appears as a tooltip when hovering over the whole panelFormLayout.
If an inputText defines its own shortDesc, this is used as tooltip for the
input field but not for the label. :-O

As you can see in my previous example, this panelFormLayout shortDesc
even overrules the label tooltip if it's not defined at all.

Is this really meant to be like that??

Regards, Carsten