Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/10/10 05:08:59 UTC

[MENTOR ACTION NEEDED] Crypto filings

Hi folks,

I was discussing crypto filings this evening with Brett Porter,
particularly the fact that I, as a peon at the ASF, had proposed on
the list making regulatory filings on behalf of the ASF, and how that
situation would have scared me if I had any authority. This brought
about a re-review of the crypto page [1] and I discovered that the
intended audience is PMC members. While I am a member of the PPMC for
CloudStack, that's still remarkably different than being a PMC member
for a TLP. So while I am happy to do the work, I don't want to presume
to take action and end up usurping authority. If one (or more) of our
mentors disagrees with my analysis - please speak up - I am not
shirking the work itself.

I've updated the XML for exports, and you can see the output at [2],
I've included the notice in the README, but I haven't fired off the
email that gives the federal government notice. Also please note that
the current notice is only for the development version, when we
finally get a 4.0 release approved we'll need to go through this again
for 4.0. The email text (generated from bisnotice.sh)
is below.

[1] http://apache.org/dev/crypto.htm
[2] http://apache.org/licenses/exports/

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
You can replace Noel's name w/ mine...

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Okie dokie. Thanks for the clarification!

--
NS

Re: [MENTOR ACTION NEEDED] Crypto filings

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

--
NS

Re: [MENTOR ACTION NEEDED] Crypto filings

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

--
NS

Re: [MENTOR ACTION NEEDED] Crypto filings

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

--
NS