Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by André Weidemann <An...@web.de> on 2022/01/21 10:16:22 UTC

git commit user is always zeppelin

Hi,

we have set up Zeppelin Notebook storage with Git integration. It works
fine so far.
The only thing that is sub-optimal, is the fact, that every commit is
done as user zeppelin. The commit log then looks like this:

 > commit d80ab9a7e998f3847a47dd4b052a03a3bb12f014 (HEAD -> master)
 > Author: zeppelin <ze...@servername.my.domain>
 > Date:   Thu Jan 20 16:01:25 2022 +0100
 >
 >     1st test commit

So when multiple users are working with Zeppelin it is difficult to see
who committed a change.
Is there perhaps a way to make Zeppelin commit as the current user?

Thanks
  André

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: git commit user is always zeppelin

Posted by "arvindsherigar@northwesternmutual.com" <ar...@northwesternmutual.com>.
Unsubscribe

Arvind Sherigar

On 1/21/22, 12:06 PM, "Jim Lola" <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Unsubscribe

    On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:44 AM Jason-Morries Adam
    <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > ticket created here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-5640__;!!IqRYp603ny2KL2MbNA!jUl3aTPNOWwyFFyuAt4U8vOPd3cP7PejIV9LFkjJ1N7KRd9J1FokoYuw0geFuRTs3Jk5RmPVytoQ$
    >
    > Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr., 21. Jan. 2022, 12:51:
    >>
    >> I don't think it is supported now, please file a ticket for this feature.
    >>
    >> On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 6:17 PM André Weidemann <An...@web.de> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> we have set up Zeppelin Notebook storage with Git integration. It works
    >>> fine so far.
    >>> The only thing that is sub-optimal, is the fact, that every commit is
    >>> done as user zeppelin. The commit log then looks like this:
    >>>
    >>>  > commit d80ab9a7e998f3847a47dd4b052a03a3bb12f014 (HEAD -> master)
    >>>  > Author: zeppelin <ze...@servername.my.domain>
    >>>  > Date:   Thu Jan 20 16:01:25 2022 +0100
    >>>  >
    >>>  >     1st test commit
    >>>
    >>> So when multiple users are working with Zeppelin it is difficult to see
    >>> who committed a change.
    >>> Is there perhaps a way to make Zeppelin commit as the current user?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>   André
    >>

    >> --
    >> Best Regards
    >>
    >> Jeff Zhang

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information of Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the sender and delete all copies from your system. Please be advised that communications with {SECURE MESSAGE} in the subject line have been sent using a secure messaging system. Communications that do not have this tag may not be secure and could be observed by a third party. Our commitment to privacy: At Northwestern Mutual, your privacy is important to us. For more information about our privacy practices, please review our privacy notices.

Re: git commit user is always zeppelin

Posted by Jim Lola <ji...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Posted by Jason-Morries Adam <ja...@gmail.com>.