Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by apc <ap...@apc.kg> on 2011/04/11 14:01:03 UTC

Re: Testing for 1000 threads using Jmeter

Which option do you have in Thread Groups selected in "Action to be taken
after sampler error"?
I suppose it is "Stop Thread" and your samplers generate errors, threads
stop and you can't have more threads...

Re: Testing for 1000 threads using Jmeter

Posted by "nitin.gurram" <ni...@tcs.com>.
Hi,

I have added the function with function Helper dialog,

But the problem still remains the same...the users do not follow any regualr
pattern

These are the two images about the users load after the change and

java visual VM

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4297418/users.jpg
http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4297418/Visual_java_VM.jpg

Re: Testing for 1000 threads using Jmeter

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
No, I mean using ${__machineName()} function call in thread group names. This
will automatically substitute it with host name.

Re: Testing for 1000 threads using Jmeter

Posted by "nitin.gurram" <ni...@tcs.com>.
so say....if i have my machines with name
Loadinjector1,Loadinjector1,Loadinjector2,Loadinjector3,Loadinjector4,Loadinjector5,Controller
and have all the scripts on my Controller from where i am start all the 5
machines.Should i replace my thread group name from Homepage to
Homepage-$(_Controller)

Re: Testing for 1000 threads using Jmeter

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
Ah, now I see.

Response Times Over Time cannot sum up threads count from different
machines.

The workaround is to name thread groups like "ThreadGroup -
${__machineName()}" and use Aggregate display. Try it and tell us if it
works.

Corresponding issue:
http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/issues/detail?id=10&can=1&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Summary

Re: Testing for 1000 threads using Jmeter

Posted by "nitin.gurram" <ni...@tcs.com>.
Jmeter does not show any error the error % in aggregate report is 0....and I
have selected Continue under " Action to be taken after a sampler error "