Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Maria Ramos <ma...@webhostinghub.com> on 2013/04/16 17:29:25 UTC

Re: Consent to translate your web page at http://community.apache.org/

Dear Sir,

I've emailed you a week ago regarding your web page which I found
interesting and wanted to translate it into Spanish language.

As I've mentioned in my first email, I'm part of Education Channels and
Community Support Team at WebHostingHub.com. We strive to help website
owners and micro businesses to get online in trouble-free way and succeed
on the web. Myself and my team of three computer science students are
constantly looking for useful relevant materials to share with our Spanish
speaking visitors and customers (we get more than 60,000 visitors per month
to our Support Center http://www.webhostinghub.com/support/).

Please let me know if its alright to proceed.
Regards,

Maria Ramos
mariar@webhostinghub.com
http://www.webhostinghub.com/support/edu

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Ross Gardler
<rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> ...Of course the linkbait issue crossed my mind too, but at no point has
> Maria asked for a link from us. We can't stop her translating the
> newbie FAQ and posting it somewhere, so that's why I told her she
> doesn't need our permission. Of course, I didn't say we would link to
> her translation, I merely said she doesn't need our permission....

That's fine of course, but this looks so much like an SEO scam that we
saw on the Felix list recently that I had to ask. Search Google for
"I've emailed you a week ago regarding your web page which I found
interesting and wanted to translate it into Spanish language." to see
what I mean.

If Maria is indeed not a bot, let's hear from her ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Consent to translate your web page at http://community.apache.org/

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
She now has a link from us. It's in the archives.

Uli

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
That's really nice to hear!

I guess, translate project will be very helpful for people who don't
know what to try first.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Consent to translate your web page at http://community.apache.org/

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Absolutely!

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Consent to translate your web page at http://community.apache.org/

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Dear Maria,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Hi Maria,

Sorry your first mail didn't get moderated through. It would be best
if you subscribed to the mailing list as described at on [1]

All our materials are made available under the Apache Software
License. See the footer of each page. You do not need permission to
translate it, modify it or reuse it.

Ross

[1] http://community.apache.org/newcomers/index.html