Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jim Bethancourt <ji...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 00:22:10 UTC

Re: [M2] Maven and JavaFX

Hi Peter
I came across the Flex 2 plugin for Maven 2, and I'm sure a JavaFX plugin
could use it as a launching point: http://code.google.com/p/israfil-mojo/
It has been made available under a BSD license, though I'm not familiar with
how it would impact writing a JavaFX plugin if it was used as a launching
point.

Cheers,
Jim

Re: [M2] Maven and JavaFX

Posted by VELO <ve...@gmail.com>.
I don't agree with this unexpected abundance therm...

ServerBox and Israfil share a good amount of code (may be is coincidence)
and the same aproach to get flex compiled, the call command line compiler on
a prompt.

Doing that, both plugins depend in get flex-sdk installed, and, the
instalation must be mapped somehow to maven.
So, you have some environment to configure in order to get maven compiling,
and well, it's much "not maven" to me.

Them came flex-mojos with a diferent approach, uses flex compiler API.  No
more dependencies to installed SDK.

Before I start flex-mojos I tried to convince israfil people to use
flex-compiler-oem (flex compiler API), but they didn't wanna to, so a new
project starts.

AFIK, there are only two projects, at least two active projects.  Israfil
and flex-mojos.

VELO

Re: [M2] Maven and JavaFX

Posted by Jim Bethancourt <ji...@gmail.com>.