Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/03/09 18:54:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r156630 - cocoon/trunk/status.xml

On Mie, 9 de Marzo de 2005, 4:30, cziegeler@apache.org dijo:
> Author: cziegeler
> Date: Wed Mar  9 02:30:49 2005
> New Revision: 156630

>     <action dev="AG" type="update">
> -     Updated commons-lang to 2.0-20041007T2305. Now cocoon compiles in
> java 1.5.
> +     Updated commons-lang to 2.0-20041007T2305.
>     </action>

This change was done to be able to build cocoon using java 5. This update
without an aclaratory note means we are breaking contracts: We are using
an CVS version of the library without any aparent reason. I remember
somebody pointed out at a similar case in octuber. So to avoid more mails
about this, I think we can add the following comment there:

"Updated commons-lang to 2.0-20041007T2305. Need to compile in java 5"

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: svn commit: r156630 - cocoon/trunk/status.xml

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> This change was done to be able to build cocoon using java 5. This update
> without an aclaratory note means we are breaking contracts: We are using
> an CVS version of the library without any aparent reason. I remember
> somebody pointed out at a similar case in octuber. So to avoid more mails
> about this, I think we can add the following comment there:
>
> "Updated commons-lang to 2.0-20041007T2305. Need to compile in java 5"
>
> WDYT?

Yes, please change it. I removed the general note "Now cocoon compiles
in JDK 5.0" as until yesterday, Cocoon did not compile with JDK 5.0 (and
windows). Further changes were necessary. But you're right that this
note about the reason why we updated to an interims version of commons
lang is helpful.

Thanks
Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de