Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by "Williams,Jacob" <Ja...@Cerner.com> on 2013/08/12 18:19:04 UTC

java action classpath precedence

I'm trying to use a newer version of a library (jersey) than is included with my hadoop distribution. I have its classes in a jar in my workflow's lib directory, and need those classes to precede hadoop's version of them on the classpath when executing a java action in my worflow. I've tried setting mapreduce.user.classpath.first=true, but that doesn't seem to accomplish what I need. Is there some way for me to alter the classpath precedence of the launcher map task?

Thanks for any help,
Jacob Williams

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

RE: java action classpath precedence

Posted by "Williams,Jacob" <Ja...@Cerner.com>.
Excellent, that solved my problem. (Though apparently I actually needed mapreduce.task.classpath.user.precedence.)
Thanks!
For any Hadoop property, if you want it to apply to the launcher instead of
the "real" job, you have to simply prepend it with "oozie.launcher.".  So,
in your case, you'd have "oozie.launcher.mapreduce.user.classpath.first".

- Robert

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jacob,