Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Rafal Krzewski <ra...@caltha.pl> on 2004/03/28 10:40:53 UTC

Re: Enhancement with patch avaible : artifact source attachement

Eric Pugh wrote:

>Out of curiosity, can Eclipse take in as the source a .tar.gz file?  It
>seems like what you want is to have the artifacts generated by 'maven dist'
>be uploaded, which are either a .zip or a .tar.gz.  However, .tar.gz seems
>to come in a quarter the size, and if we are downloading sources, then
>having a small source file would be key.

AFAIK Eclipse can do zip/jar or uncopressed directory. Therefore the
plugin would have to uncompress tar.gz/tar.bz2 (the latter should be
even smaller!) after downloading, or optionaly recompress it as zip to
conserve disk space.

R.

Re: Enhancement with patch avaible : artifact source attachement

Posted by nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
For an artifact "ID-version.ext", the patch I suggest just looks for a
file in same artifact groupe named "ID-version-src.ext". Perhaps I
should make it "fixed extension".

I will look at the option you suggest : look for a tar.bz2 and build
from it a sources jar for easier usage in eclipse (and others IDE ?). It
may add some dependencies to maven core to support bz2 format.

Nico.