Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 23:33:01 UTC

[OT] Anyone familiar with BEA weblogic 8.1 that might be able to help me understand why every request is giving me a new Session (fine on Tomcat4?

Yes, I know the wrong list, but been googling with not much luck -
didn't feel like spending the time yet to join some bea list until I
asked some of you geniuses first:

Ultimately I have to run this app on an old server bea weblogic 8.1 on
java4, so for prototyping I've started out using Tomcat4 and the demo
of some simple stuff is working fine.

When I deploy to weblogic, however I'm running into this annoying
issue... after logging in I forward to a JSP and I have a valid
Session. However, when I then click on a link to go any other Actions,
my session is null. I even put in a filter to intercept before hitting
my Action and I'm checking the session status -
request.getSession(false) and it's null. The same EXACT code however
running on Tomcat4 is fine. Session will not be null.

I have no experience with weblogic so I'm not sure what is going on.

I just did a test where I'm not even using Struts and it's just a
single jsp and single servlet. I'm printing out the resulting session
and I'll see on the page the jsessionid and the object representing
the session, however, on weblogic when I submit again (which returns
me to the same page), I'll have a new jsessionid and obviously a new
session.

Is there some web.xml config issue I'm not considering? I put in

<session-config>
       <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
   </session-config>

just to make sure there wasn't some really short default timeout.

--
Rick