Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/30 08:44:07 UTC

Can someone please explain release:rollback?

Hi,

there are examples and what happens during release:prepare and
release:perform, but there is nothing about release:rollback at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/ and in the 0.17 book.

Can someone explain the behaviour of this goal? In what scenarios are you
using it, if at all?

Regards,
Borut

Re: Can someone please explain release:rollback?

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

I voted for MRELEASE-229 and http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-318.

-Borut

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/30 Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks, but I would like the *exact" steps which occur by mvn
> release:rollback.

From [1]: restore-backup-poms, scm-commit-rollback and remove-scm-tag.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Borut Bolčina wrote:

> Thanks, but I would like the *exact" steps which occur by mvn
> release:rollback.

It undoes everything from the point you ran release:prepare, until the
point it failed.

If you want the exact steps, run release:perform, and read the resulting
output backwards.

The normal behaviour of release:perform is to try and carry on from the
point at which it failed. If you as the release manager decide that you
want to abort the release entirely and try again some other time, you
run release:rollback to undo all changes made so far.

That's all there is to it, really.

Regards,
Graham

Re: Can someone please explain release:rollback?

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
What DB rollback? There is no such thing in mvn release plugin?!?

-Borut

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/