Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Burke Even, RealityImages.com" <bu...@realityimages.com> on 2005/01/06 18:05:11 UTC

multipart post and input type

I'm trying to upload jpg files to an existing php script on the server,
without using a java servlet. Am I correct in assuming HttpClient can do
this? If so, please read on...

My problem: how do I add the equivalent of <input type="file"
name="fileUpload"> to the upload?

The php script on the server uses fileUpload as the temporary location and
name of the uploaded file, but when I use the example
MultipartFileUploadApp.java to upload a file, fileUpload is blank, so the
php script has nothing to work with.

I've looked in MultipartPostMethod.java at the three versions of
addParameter() but none take three string parameters, which being a newbie
is as far as I can get at this point.

Any help would be appreciated!

Burke

RE: multipart post and input type

Posted by "Burke Even, RealityImages.com" <bu...@realityimages.com>.
Julius!

Thanks a HEAP - FilePart and addPart did the trick!

I'm a little fuzzy on 'how it works', but now that I have a working example
I hope my learning curve will pick up a little.

Thanks again!

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com>.
Hi, Burke,

I haven't used this feature of HTTPClient, but I suspect it works like
this:

File f = new File( "/tmp/myImage.jpg" );
FilePart fp = new FilePart( "fileUpload", f, "image/jpeg", null );
MultipartPostMethod m = new MultipartPostMethod( "http://upload.com/" );
m.addPart( fp );

yours,

Julius