Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by khudalla <Ka...@de.bosch.com> on 2008/01/18 13:04:57 UTC

JBI components cannot be deployed to other JBI containers

Hi,

I am currently playing around with Open ESB and ServiceMix and have come to
see that the CXF BC and SE provided with ServiceMix are quite sexy. So,
since these components claim to be JBI compliant, I figured it'd be a good
idea to just install them to the Open ESB container in glassfish and use
their functionality. However, while deploying the installer zip files of the
BC and SE, glassfish complained about the missing class
org.apache.servicemix.MessageExchangeListener. Obviously, the components are
dependent on the JBI container implementation.
I am quite disappointed since one of the major arguments for JBI was to
establish a runtime environment for JBI compliant components from multiple
vendors that can be plugged into any compliant JBI container. However, this
(as always) seems to be just fluff (see EJB etc).

Now, have the ServiceMix developers implemented this dependency by intention
in order to keep others from using their components or is this just a design
flaw?

Regards,
Kai

Re: JBI components cannot be deployed to other JBI containers

Posted by khudalla <Ka...@de.bosch.com>.
Okay, I have created issue SM-1215 in JIRA.

Kai

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

On Jan 31, 2008 1:39 PM, khudalla <Ka...@de.bosch.com> wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:272)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:637)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(DefaultProcessorTask.java:568)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:813)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTask(DefaultReadTask.java:341)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:263)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:214)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:265)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.WorkerThreadImpl.run(WorkerThreadImpl.java:116)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory
>         at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.newInstance(BusFactory.java:153)
>         at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.newInstance(BusFactory.java:132)
>         at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:69)
>         at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:58)
>         at
> org.apache.servicemix.cxfse.CxfSeComponent.doInit(CxfSeComponent.java:79)
>         at
> org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.init(AsyncBaseLifeCycle.java:187)
>         ... 74 more
> org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1498)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
>         at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.newInstance(BusFactory.java:149)
>         ... 79 more
>

> I have checked the jbi.xml descriptor of both the SE and BC to include the
> relevant CXF core jar and they both do. Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Kai
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Actually, they're not (only servicemix-lwcontainer is).
> > In order to make them deployable in other containers, you need to use the
> > servicemix-shared-compat shared library instead of servicemix-shared.  You
> > can download it from:
> >
> > http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-shared-compat/3.2.1/servicemix-shared-compat-3.2.1-installer.zip
> >
> > If you have any further problems, just ping again.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: JBI components cannot be deployed to other JBI containers

Posted by khudalla <Ka...@de.bosch.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

On Jan 18, 2008 1:04 PM, khudalla <Ka...@de.bosch.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently playing around with Open ESB and ServiceMix and have come
> see that the CXF BC and SE provided with ServiceMix are quite sexy. So,
> since these components claim to be JBI compliant, I figured it'd be a good
> idea to just install them to the Open ESB container in glassfish and use
> their functionality. However, while deploying the installer zip files of
> the
> BC and SE, glassfish complained about the missing class
> org.apache.servicemix.MessageExchangeListener. Obviously, the components
> are
> dependent on the JBI container implementation.
> I am quite disappointed since one of the major arguments for JBI was to
> establish a runtime environment for JBI compliant components from multiple
> vendors that can be plugged into any compliant JBI container. However,
> this
> (as always) seems to be just fluff (see EJB etc).
>
> Now, have the ServiceMix developers implemented this dependency by
> intention
> in order to keep others from using their components or is this just a
> design
> flaw?
>
> Regards,
> Kai