Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "J. Chong" <cn...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2001/06/10 12:13:05 UTC

FW: Servlet to get client's certificate

Hi,

	I have installed Apache, mod_ssl and OpenSSL. The thing I want to do is
create a servlet to get the client's certificate. I have successfully
installed Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.1 and tested with HelloWorld servlet by HTTPS
and it works. That means the servlet works ok with SSL. However when I
tried to get the client certificate by

	String cert =
(String)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");

	The cert is null. Please help. I have been struggling with it for like
ages. Thanks.

	Thanks for your help. Wish you all the best.

Best regards,
Jordan Cheun Ngen, Chong
Room 4067
Distributed and Embeded Systems Group
Centre for Telematics and Information Technology
University of Twente
Faculty Informatica
7522 NB Enschede
The Netherlands