Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by sri vaths <rs...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID> on 2016/10/15 03:03:12 UTC

Re: OAK/AEM-SOLR indexing

Hi,

Need to know is there a way to tell OOTB OAK/AEM-SOLR indexing to send only the Activated content/nodes for indexing rather sending all the edits/updates to SOLR index

Option1If any OOTB OAK-SOLR configs ?
orOption2if not OOTB - Is there a way to plug an SOLRIndexEditior pre-processor to SolrIndexEditor to do the above ?Also if any pre-processor before sending to SOLR please share if API usages?
orOption3is it a recommended approach to deploy OOTB OAK/AEM SOLR indexing on publish instances rather author - at least on 1 publish instances
We are using AEM 6.1 and hence Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.

with regardsSri

    On Friday, 2 September 2016 10:09 AM, sri vaths <rs...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

 Hi,
Just need to know is there a way to tell OOTB OAK/AEM-SOLR indexing to send only the Activated content/nodes for indexing rather sending all the edits/updates to SOLR index

Option1If any OOTB OAK-SOLR configs ?
orOption2if not OOTB - Is there a way to plug an SOLRIndexEditior pre-processor to SolrIndexEditor to do the above ?
orOption3Are is it a recommended approach to deploy OOTB OAK/AEM SOLR indexing on publish instances rather author - at least on 1 publish instances

Re: OAK/AEM-SOLR indexing

Posted by sri vaths <rs...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>.
Thanks Tommaso.
I would like focus more on OAK and i am looking for a use case were i want do some pre-processing of some properties.
And this pre-processing might be needed to have additional formatting of  data like link/href properties needs to be sling resource mapped /sling aware before sending it to solr / index
So was looking for some IndexEditor pre-processor which can be plugged before the SolrServer call.
Any such possibilities available now or later
with regardsSri

    On Monday, 17 October 2016 5:10 PM, Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Sri,
in this mailing list we only discuss development concerns that relate to pure Oak, AEM specific questions should go through other (Adobe) channels.The current way Solr index can filter content is by whitelisting / blacklisting properties [1]; that is you compile a list of properties (whitelist) that should be indexed (all the other properties will never be indexed), or a list of properties (blacklist) that should not be indexed (all the other properties will be indexed).If you have any requirements that you think could be helpful in certain use cases, feel free to discuss it here and / or open a Jira issue.
Regards,Tommaso
[1] : http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/solr.html

Re: OAK/AEM-SOLR indexing

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.