Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "P.Miller" <p....@brocom.de> on 2001/06/05 09:43:42 UTC

AUTH: j_security_check

Hi,

I tried the FORM-authentification in Tomcat 3.2.1:

login.jsp:

<form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
Username: <input type="text" name="j_username"><br>
Password: <input type="password" name="j_password"><br>
<input type="submit" value="login" name="j_security_check">
</form>

I get the correct Form but when I press 'submit', I allways get the
error:

URL j_security_check not found

So I searched for a java-class or a method inside a class which is
called 'j_security_check' but found only a CONSTANT with this name and
not method or class-file.

What's the meaning of this URL and where should I declare it that TOMCAT
can find it?

Many thanks for your help,
Peter

Re: j_security_check

Posted by "P.Miller" <p....@brocom.de>.
Thanks Amit,

I tried it but get the same result.
I'm wondering about another thing: When I access the protected page
which is redirected to the login.jsp because of the settings in the
web.xml I see in my Tomcat console the following messages:

ContextManager: JDBCRealm: JDBCRealm.authenticate: SELECT user_pass FROM
users WHERE user_name= ?
ContextManager: JDBCRealm: Authentication unsuccessful for user null

Why starts the authentification process before submitting the login.jsp
page?

Please help
Peter

amit@realityinfo.com wrote:

> include folllowing in ur mod_jk.conf (if using tomcat standalone) :
> JkMount  /<name of context>/j_security_check * ajp13
> or in httpd.conf if with apache.
>
> -Amit.

Re: j_security_check

Posted by am...@realityinfo.com.