Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rajeev Gupta <ra...@hytechpro.com> on 2008/06/19 03:29:28 UTC

POS usage

Do you know if POS screens could be changed?

Questions:

1)      I am looking for POS specific documentation so that we know what
happens when the agents on the sales counter scans a product, will the
system recognize the product easily if the number of products are about
10000.

Is it too large for ofbiz POS?

2)      Can we integrate Keyboard keys with the POS functioning? Where is it
documented, if available.

Re: POS usage

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Rajeev Gupta" <ra...@hytechpro.com>
> Do you know if POS screens could be changed?

Yes, look at files in specialpurpose/pos/screens
menu/posmain.xml for instance
and http://xui.sourceforge.net/ for more information

> Questions:
>
> 1)      I am looking for POS specific documentation so that we know what
> happens when the agents on the sales counter scans a product, will the
> system recognize the product easily if the number of products are about
> 10000.
> Is it too large for ofbiz POS?

Yes, look for "Quantity Corrections" in http://docs.ofbiz.org/download/attachments/976/Till+Manual_V2.0.pdf.
No limit but the column size that you can customise suiting your needs

> 2)      Can we integrate Keyboard keys with the POS functioning? Where is it
> documented, if available.

Not documented but in code, look at specialpurpose/pos/screens/includes/numeric.xml. You might be interested by an effort going on
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1427

At large, you can find answers also in http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/POS+System

Jacques