Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/08/12 17:29:01 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by Peter Gustafsson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Peter Gustafsson:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

    * We are gathering world wide DNS data in order to discover content distribution networks and
    configuration issues utilizing Hadoop DFS and MapRed.

+  * [http://www.tailsweep.com/ Tailsweep] - Ad network for blogs and social media
+   * 8 node cluster (Xeon Quad Core 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB/node Raid 1 storage)
+   * Used as a proof of concept cluster
+   * Handling i.e. data mining and blog crawling
+
   * [http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/cloud-computing/index.html University of Maryland]
     We are one of six universities participating in IBM/Google's academic
     cloud computing initiative.  Ongoing research and teaching efforts