Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2002/05/27 12:50:11 UTC

page update

Hi all,
I've updated the page a little to comply to the first remarks.  Since these
were pretty small I could do them quickly.
I copied the menu and the content from the current home page and
implemented a subset of the current stylesheet.  I tested the CSS to CSS1
rules and I only get complaints about the hover pseudo class, since that
doesn't exist in CSS officially.

I don't think the page is that complex.  The nested tables are not a
problem at all.  I only spent a lot of time creating them because Netscape
is rather picky on how you create them.  Now that they are set the the
trouble is over.  The nested tables are actually an advantage when using
XSLT since it's easier to cut up the page in different "blocks".  Each tab
is a table and does not interfere with the other tabs.

Did any of you check the browser in Netscape 4.08?
I've put two screen dumps on my site
www.dream-models.com/forrest/current.gif : the current site
www.dream-models.com/forrest/new.gif : my version
It's worth a visit. ;-)

Bert

RE: page update

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
> Subject: page update
>

> Hi all,
> I've updated the page a little to comply to the first
> remarks.  Since these
> were pretty small I could do them quickly.
> I copied the menu and the content from the current home page and
> implemented a subset of the current stylesheet.  I tested the
> CSS to CSS1
> rules and I only get complaints about the hover pseudo class,
> since that
> doesn't exist in CSS officially.

Well done, Bert.

The HTML is reasonably clean, sizing goes well, setting the font-size
too. I'd personally like to see as much of the <font> elements move to a
CSS approach as well, unless this would mean alienating the NS4 users.
Maybe we should set a bounty for each <font> and <table> element that
still can be avoided without breaking this elderly browser, and
hopefully Mozilla 1 gets released soon for those platforms that are
still forced to use NS4.

Back to the hospital, now ;-)

</Steven>