Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Simon Burns <si...@ababa.org> on 2004/07/01 12:14:33 UTC

Problems with KUPU and BXE

Any help much appreciated. I'm new to Lenya (and Tomcat/Java also) so
please be patient if these questions are a bit naive or even in the wrong
place.

I just installed Lenya and everything seems to be working OK, but when I
select "Edit with KUPU" or "Edit with BXE", I get errors in my browser.
Here's part of the error for BXE:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/usecase-bxeng.xmap:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type
'text-utf-8' is not defined for 'serialize' at
file:/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/usecase-bxeng.xmap:195:43

There's more (much more; I'll post it if it will help) but most of it
seems to revolve around the message "Type 'text-utf-8' is not defined for
'serialize' at ...  195:43". When I tried BXE from the bxe/index.html
file, it worked OK.

With KUPU, I get this page in my browser (with the formatting all "wrong")

Edit index/index_en.xml with Kupu - Apache Lenya  Kupu Editor - Apache
Lenya    Normal Heading 1 Heading 2 Heading 3 Heading 4 Heading 5
Heading 6 Formatted                                         ? ? ? no
bullet 1 I i A a   Properties Title Description   Links  Link the
highlighted text to this URL : Make Link  Modify properties of current
link : Target Title   Images Insert image at the following URL : Insert
Image   Tables Table Class Plain Listing Grid Data Rows Columns Headings
Create Add Col Align Left Center Right Column Add Remove Row Add Remove
Debug Log   function startKupu() { try { kupu.initialize(); } catch(e) {
window.setTimeout("startKupu()", 100); } };  // Important!! IE can't do
this in the onload handler, it leads // to double events everywhere var
d = document.getElementById("kupu-editor").contentWindow.document; if
(_SARISSA_IS_IE) { d.designMode = "On"; }

The HTML for that page suggests there should be a
"/lenya/lenya/css/default.css" file, but I could only find
"/lenya/lenya/resources/css/default.css". Even after symlinking and/or
copying the "css" folder to where the page expected to find it, it didn't
work (ie the formatting was still "wrong").

TIA for any help anyone can offer.

--
Simon Burns

Re: Problems with KUPU and BXE

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Simon Burns wrote:

The slight complication here is that (when using ipv6 on my SuSE v8.2)
> Lenya (from CVS) itself failed with the error:
>
> Failed to convert address [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:
>
> The nightly snapshot I had downloaded previously didn't have this problem.
> I disabled ipv6 (don't use it anyway) and Lenya works OK. If anyone has a
> better fix, please let me know.

the ipv6 patch was applied after 1.2

about your other problem: we added the serializer from the serializers
block, and it seems that in the process, the definition for text-utf8
was removed..

i fixed usecase-bxeng.xmap to use text. if this leads to funny-looking
characters in the insert link popup, we will have to reinstate a utf
text serializer

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Problems with KUPU and BXE

Posted by Simon Burns <si...@ababa.org>.
Thanks Doug, that seems to have fixed KUPU (which is the preferred
interface -- I just like the look of it better) and made BXE barf in a
completely different way:

cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "div" must be
terminated by the matching end-tag "</div>".

location:
file:/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/../../resources/misc/bxeng/download.xhtml

But that looks editable so maybe I can fix it...

The slight complication here is that (when using ipv6 on my SuSE v8.2)
Lenya (from CVS) itself failed with the error:

Failed to convert address [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:

The nightly snapshot I had downloaded previously didn't have this problem.
I disabled ipv6 (don't use it anyway) and Lenya works OK. If anyone has a
better fix, please let me know.

Thanks again Doug, and to all who responded.

--
Simon Burns

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Hi Simon,
I was having this same problem yesterday until I read the email below, it
seems to fix (getting the RELEASE_1_2 instead of HEAD) the problems that you
describe:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> Silly question - how does one know when they download from CVS that
> they are getting the one tagged as RELEASE_1_2?  Is there something you
> need to add to these instructions to make sure you get the right
> version:
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/installation/cvs.html

Well, unless you specifically indicate the tag you want, you'll
checkout the HEAD.  If you want to checkout release 1.2, you have to
do:

  cvs ...  checkout -r "RELEASE_1_2" cocoon-lenya

--
JP

Re: Problems with KUPU and BXE

Posted by Simon Burns <si...@ababa.org>.
I originally used 1.1beta then tried 1.0.3. I also renamed kupu-1.0.3 to
kupu, so in that respect it should be OK.

--
Simon Burns

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> >> Why do you use Tomcat and not Jetty?
>
> [OT] Why should he?

He can use what he likes (if it works), but Jetty is the "default".

Andreas

Re: Problems with KUPU and BXE

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Simon Burns <si...@ababa.org>.
On 1 Jul 2004, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> That does not answer you questions, but ...
>
> Why do you use Tomcat and not Jetty?
> Did you try the binary version - which includes Jetty?

The lead tech here is keen on Tomcat, but I could probably use Jetty if
it's better. I'll try the binary version as you suggest, but if anyone
knows the answers to the other problems ...