Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2020/07/16 08:17:19 UTC

NetBeans 8.2 Maven Artifacts, anyone?

Hi all,

Is anybody still using NetBeans 8.2 Maven artifacts? Is there any
interest in keeping those around?

Those old artifacts are being kept in Oracle servers, and could be
decomissioned soon. Is there any interest in keeping them around?

Thanks,
Antonio

Re: NetBeans 8.2 Maven Artifacts, anyone?

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi John,

The problem is that we cannot keep those binaries hosted in the ASF
infrastructure (those old versions are not Apache software, but Oracle's
and even Sun's) and that's why these are hosted in Oracle servers.

Would it be possible for your team to set up a Maven Repository [1] [2]
Mirror [3] to keep those artifacts permanently cached in your hard disks
and under your control? That would allow you to build even if the
repository is taken down (and would speed up builds for you as well).

Kind regards,
Antonio

[1]
Open source and commercial maven repository software:
https://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html

[2]
http://archiva.apache.org/

[3]
Setting up a proxy/mirror system:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

Quoting:

"""
Some reasons to use a mirror are:
- There is a synchronized mirror on the internet that is geographically
closer and faster
- You want to replace a particular repository with your own internal
repository which you have greater control over
- You want to run a repository manager to provide a local cache to a
mirror and need to use its URL instead
"""

Posted by "John C. Manko" <jm...@agois.com>.

<[antonio@vieiro.net](mailto:antonio@vieiro.net)> a scris: