Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ðavîd Låndïs <dl...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/31 19:54:08 UTC

Listener For Compressed Response

Hi,

I am using a "View Results in Table" listener to test my application.
I have my server configured to return gzip'd response. The "Bytes"
column in this listener always displays the size of the unzipped
response however.

The issue is I want a way to compare the sizes and performance with
compression turned on and off. How can I do it?

Thanks,
David

Re: Listener For Compressed Response

Posted by Bj <bj...@gmail.com>.
For compression ratio, you can check the http server log.
With Apache and mod_deflate, it's easy to configure your logs.
To compare performance, just turn on/off compression (add/remove
Accept-Encoding header or reload server configuration) and look at the
difference !