Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jason Webb <jw...@inovem.com> on 2002/08/15 10:22:55 UTC

Stats and monitoring James

Hi all.

I notice at the moment there seems to be no facility for monitoring what
James is actually doing (Queue sizes, delivery throughput etc). One of
the things we need to do for customers is show what's going on in the
mail server. So, my question is, if there is nothing in James to do
this, would the best way to expose such information be via JMX or via
the RemoteManager interface?

-- Jason

Re: Stats and monitoring James

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Jason

>I notice at the moment there seems to be no facility for monitoring what
>James is actually doing (Queue sizes, delivery throughput etc). One of
>the things we need to do for customers is show what's going on in the
>mail server. So, my question is, if there is nothing in James to do
>this, would the best way to expose such information be via JMX or via
>the RemoteManager interface?

Both!  Send patches dude:)

- Paul