Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jason End <be...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/16 18:02:39 UTC

Converting docs to html and pdf without the site shell

Is there a way to convert xmls to html and pdfs using
the included skin XSLs and CSSs but without the whole
site structure around it. So the html result would be
a single page of just the document, no tabs or menus
or banners?

I've tried using one of the skins' document2html.xsl
within a separate cocoon installation, telling it to
include the CSSs -- I copied the config for this from
site2html.xsl --. Cocoon doesn't complain but just
renders the document with no styling, just raw text.
The pdf doesn't work because acrobat complains that
the document doesn't have any pages.

thanks,

Jay

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Re: Converting docs to html and pdf without the site shell

Posted by Jason End <be...@yahoo.com>.
I understood what he said, but I had already found
that solution before he posted. The other xsls were
necessary because I was using a skin that was already
made and it referenced parts of common xsls.
It worked. In the future I'll look into the pure
forrest solution.

cheers,

Jay

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.