Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Matthias Moeser <ma...@ish.com.au> on 2008/08/21 03:06:02 UTC

Original value of a property

Hi there!

How do i get access to the original value of the property on the
client-side (i.e., ROP).
In other words, how do I obtain the original snapshot for a property
key's value?

I looked at the graph manager which records changes, but couldn't see
any method to see what values had actually been recorded.

Thank you
Matthias

Re: Original value of a property

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Change tracking API on the client is indeed private. A rather
inefficient strategy would be to use 'localObject' calls to get a
committed version of an object in a peer context, which will result in
remote calls to the server to fault the object. Not idea, but may work
ok on a smaller scale.

Andrus