Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@softwareag.com> on 2005/11/29 16:33:17 UTC

Suggested way to download a remote file

Hi,

the following is written with

    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1704

in mind.

What is the recommended way to download a remote file from within a
Maven plugin? Of course, I can simply use URL.openStream(), but that
doesn't seem proper, given the important role of proxy configuration.

I see, that there is something called wagon-provider-api. This should
possibly do the trick. But then, how do I obtain a wagon? I might also
use the HttpUtils class from the Maven bootstrap, but that does sound dirty.

Regards,

Jochen

Re: Suggested way to download a remote file

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Wagon is really for repository interaction, though it could be used for this.

To get the wagon:
/* @component roleHint="http" */
Wagon wagon;

Cheers,