Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/12 02:18:31 UTC

[Contribution] Skin customizer

I have developed a skin customizer that I would like to contribute back to
Jetspeed.  It is based off of the PSML customizer.  I have attached a file
with the necessary patches to integrate the skin customizer as well as the
new templates and code that provide the functionality.  This version uses a
freely available javascript color chooser from
http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/.  Feel free to replace it if you wish.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Jeremy Ford

How to use:

1) Log in as admin
2) Go to the admin tab.
3) Choose skin browser

You will notice that you now have the options to add a new skin, update an
existing one, or delete an existing skin.

Adding a skin
1) Click on "Add Skin"
2) Enter a name for you skin
3) Choose colors using the javascript or enter your own
4) Click on "Add Skin".
5) You will be taken back to the skin browser and you should now see your
skin

Updating a skin
1) Choose a skin and click on "Update Skin"
2) Make modifications
3) Click on "Update Skin"
4) The skin browser should now reflect your changes

Deleting a skin
1) Choose a skin and click on "Delete Skin"
2) Confirm your decision
3) The skin will not be in the browser