Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com> on 2010/03/22 04:13:14 UTC

How to handle Returns from the Post Office

Hi Guys,

I am wondering how people using the facility module out there handle
their returned items sent back from the post office for reasons like
incorrect address, item not delivered or item not collected etc.

I have found a section in Order
(https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/findreturn) which
is more like an RMA system that also handles returns to suppliers
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_merchandise_authorization).

Cheers
Sam

Re: How to handle Returns from the Post Office

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
When a return happens a route segment is created to show that it came
back in the same shipping stream. The added code then puts it in a
holding areas in the facility for future deposition. Once the CRM is
completed, then the shipment is re-stocked an the refund it issued, or a
new shipping segments are generated with a re-ship status.
so the order has the history of the shipping history in tack.
Yes the code is not in the SVN or OTTB.

Craig Ambrose sent the following on 1/10/2012 4:18 PM: