Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by King Rhoton <kr...@adobe.com> on 2016/06/01 20:01:54 UTC

RuntimeLib classes with Analyzers?

This message on the solr-users mailing list from September, 2015 claims
> That is a current limitation of the blob store API. It can only be
> used to load plugins in solrconfig.xml. It does not support loading
> schema plugins such as analyzers, tokenizers.

But at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Adding+Custom+Plugins+in+SolrCloud+Mode

I see:
> When running Solr in SolrCloud mode and you want to use custom code
> (such as custom analyzers, tokenizers, query parsers, and other plugins),
> it can be cumbersome to add jars to the classpath on all nodes in your cluster.
> Using the Blob Store API and special commands with the Config API, you
> can upload jars to a special system-level collection and dynamically load
> plugins from them at runtime with out needing to restart any nodes.

So, can you actually use a blob-store-loaded jar to get a class to implement a custom analyzer?

It seems to me like any collection directive that takes a "class=" attribute should also support a
"runtimeLib=true" attribute.

Thanks.