Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2006/01/16 02:50:49 UTC

Custom 401 pages

I know that this has been beaten to death, but ......

Currently BasicAuthenticator calls response.setStatus(401) if the user isn't
authenticated.  However the spec states:
<spec-quote version="2.4" section="9.9.2">
The default servlet and container will use the sendError method to send 4xx
and 5xx status responses, so that the error mechanism may be invoked.
</spec-quote>

Before I just go ahead and change BasicAuthentictor to call sendError, I
wanted to poll if anybody sees problems with this.