Posted to user@orc.apache.org by Harshad Patel <ha...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/09 07:12:31 UTC

When writing a large text object a java.lang.NullPointerException is thrown in DynamicByteArray

Using the examples from the ORC site and from the repo I have created an
application which uses
ORC to persist many text docs as ORC

However on very large objects e.g. 1mb-5mb I always get a null pointer in
the add method of

DynamicByteArray.java

- System.arraycopy(value, valueOffset, data[i], j, size);

Has anyone got any workarounds for this?

Example code

BytesColumnVector text = (BytesColumnVector)batch.cols[colNum];
byte[] textBytes = text .toString.getBytes("UTF_8");
vector.setVal(row,textBytes)

Or any examples of how to use ensure the arraycopy doesnt die(e.g.
ensureSize and initBuffer ?)

Thanks