Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Lemle <er...@ihc.com> on 2005/02/17 23:01:03 UTC

??? Re: I have a jsp. that has two included jsp's, only one shows up.

Tried

<tiles:insert page="/InterestsAction.do?dispatch=display" flush="false"
/>

but nothing shows up.  Is this what you meant?

So if I get the latest struts.. this might work?

-Eric

Eric D. Lemle
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Intermountain Health Care
36 South State Street, Suite 1100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
United States of America (USA)
(801) 442-3688 -- e-mail: Eric.Lemle@IHC.com

>>> Joe@Germuska.com 2/8/2005 2:20:29 PM >>>
At 2:15 PM -0700 2/8/05, Eric Lemle wrote:
>So how does one get the final HTML from two Actions into the same
page?

I am pretty sure that Tiles will do includes instead of forwards
where necessary so that you can use actions as the source of
<tiles:insert> components.  I've never had to use it, but someone
recently pointed out a bug in the chain version of TilesPreProcess
which was causing this to break.

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com

??? Re: I have a jsp. that has two included jsp's, only one shows up.

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 10:30 PM +0000 2/17/05, Eric Lemle wrote:
>Tried
>
><tiles:insert page="/InterestsAction.do?dispatch=display" flush="false"
>/>
>
>but nothing shows up.  Is this what you meant?
>
>So if I get the latest struts.. this might work?

You definitely can't pass parameters through a <tiles:insert> call;
the end result of the insert tag is a call to
requestDispatcher.include(...), which doesn't accept parameters.  If
you need something like this, you should use the
MappingDispatchAction, which allows you to use the Struts Config to
specify a dispatch method instead of passing it as a request
parameter.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska