Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark <el...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/07 14:26:40 UTC

apr-iconv.h missing in windows build

I am trying to compile Apache 2.0.54 using MS Visual Studio 7.  I am
getting errors saying that libapruril.lib cannot be found.  So I tried
to compile just the libapruril portion of the project, and I get an
error:

in c:\VisualStudioProjects\httpd-2.0.54\srclib\apr-util\xlate\xlate.c(43):
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'apr_iconv.h': No such
file or directory

Can someone help me to figure out what is wrong.  I am following the
directions found at
http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/apache-ssl-deflate

Thank you.

Re: apr-iconv.h missing in windows build

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 07:26 AM 6/7/2005, Mark wrote:

>Can someone help me to figure out what is wrong.  I am following the
>directions found at
>http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/apache-ssl-deflate

Mark, please follow

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html

and once you note what is wrong, you might want to let the authors
of that other document be aware of the problems.

If you find issues with the win_compiling.html instructions, that's
a different story, please report those issues here.

FYI, loading the Apache.dsw into newer visual studios will create
you Apache.sln (solution) and convert all the .dsp files to .vcproj
files.  Nothing more serious.

Bill