Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sourav Mazumder <so...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 19:03:33 UTC

Re: sparkR could not find function "textFile"

Hi,

Piggybacking on this discussion.

I'm trying to achieve the same, reading a csv file, from RStudio. Where I'm
stuck is how to supply some additional package from RStudio to spark.init()
as sparkR.init does() not provide an option to specify additional package.

I tried following codefrom RStudio. It is giving me error "Error in
callJMethod(sqlContext, "load", source, options) :
  Invalid jobj 1. If SparkR was restarted, Spark operations need to be
re-executed."

------
Sys.setenv(SPARK_HOME="C:\\spark-1.4.0-bin-hadoop2.6")
.libPaths(c(file.path(Sys.getenv("SPARK_HOME"), "R", "lib"),.libPaths()))
library(SparkR)

sparkR.stop()

sc <- sparkR.init(master="local[2]", sparkEnvir =
list(spark.executor.memory="1G"),
sparkJars="C:\\spark-1.4.0-bin-hadoop2.6\\lib\\spark-csv_2.11-1.1.0.jar")
/* I have downloaded this spark-csv jar and kept it in lib folder of Spark
*/

sqlContext <- sparkRSQL.init(sc)

plutoMN <- read.df(sqlContext,
"C:\\Users\\Sourav\\Work\\SparkDataScience\\PlutoMN.csv", source =
"com.databricks.spark.csv").

------

However, I also tried this from shell as 'sparkR --package
com.databricks:spark-csv_2.11:1.1.0". This time I used the following code
and it works all fine.

sqlContext <- sparkRSQL.init(sc)

plutoMN <- read.df(sqlContext,
"C:\\Users\\Sourav\\Work\\SparkDataScience\\PlutoMN.csv", source =
"com.databricks.spark.csv").

Any idea how to achieve the same from RStudio ?

Regards,

Posted by Sourav Mazumder <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shivram. Your suggestion in stack overflow regarding this did work.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Sourav

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.