Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Brian Devaney <bd...@docfinity.com> on 2011/03/09 22:44:36 UTC

Soap/XML-RPC Request cleanup

I am running a load test where large amounts of data are being returned
memory as the JMeter script runs.  If I disable the request, my script
runs with no problems, enabled and the script will run for a while then
pause and then run with errors.

Is there any way to call a cleanup/garbage collection on the data
returned?

--
Brian Devaney
DocFinity® by Optical Image Technology, Inc.

DISCLAIMER: This email may contain proprietary information, some or all
of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient
only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email,
please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely on this email.

Re: Soap/XML-RPC Request cleanup

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI , Im not answering your question on how to run GC because usually
the JDK will run a full GC before it reports an out of memory so running it
yourself wont really help you.

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anthony Johnson <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm sure you can force a garbage collection using a Beanshell script
called from a Beanshell Sampler.

Question:  Did you increase your max memory for the application?

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#JMeter_keeps_getting_.22Out_of_Memory.22_errors.__What_can_I_do.3F

Posted by Brian Devaney <bd...@docfinity.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.