Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/09/02 09:29:58 UTC

[chain][discuss] v2 upgrade - follow-up - part2

Hi again guys,
I did a little work on the v2 branch of [chain] to fix checkstyle
errors, obviously clirr[1] errors increased but new ones are IMHO
trivial, since concern internal data structures already exposed via
getters - the o.a.c.chain.impl.ChainBase#commands was exposed at
package level just for test purposes, so not big issue IMHO.
Do you think that would be acceptable in therms of retro-compatibility?
Many thanks in advance for your feedbacks, have a nice day!!!
All the best,
Simo

[1] http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/chain/clirr-report.html

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [chain][discuss] v2 upgrade - follow-up - part2

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi again guys,
> I did a little work on the v2 branch of [chain] to fix checkstyle
> errors, obviously clirr[1] errors increased but new ones are IMHO
> trivial, since concern internal data structures already exposed via
> getters - the o.a.c.chain.impl.ChainBase#commands was exposed at
> package level just for test purposes, so not big issue IMHO.
> Do you think that would be acceptable in therms of retro-compatibility?

Agreed, looks reasonable.

Matt