Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lidija Dolinar <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/27 20:36:05 UTC

Client-side email validation not working

Hi,

I can't seem to get client-side email validation to work.

My tml code:

<input t:type="TextField" t:id="emailValue" t:validate="required,email"
id="emailValue" value="emailValue" style="${displayEmailInvalid()}"
size="40" />

emailValue is being validated for "required", but not for "email" validity.
Why not?

Regards,
Lidija

Re: Client-side email validation not working

Posted by Lidija Dolinar <li...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your responses.

I solved it by using regexp as Jan suggested.

My email text field looks like this:
<t:textfield t:type="TextField" t:id="email"
t:validate="required,email,regexp=.*@.*\..*" id="email" value="email">

Tapestry 5.4 has email validation, that's good to know.
Currently we're using version 5.3.7, so the above solution will do fine :).

Kind regards,
Lidija

Posted by Dimitris Zenios <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Fryblik <ja...@ebrothers.cz>.