Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Asif Jan <As...@unige.ch> on 2010/06/15 19:13:26 UTC

How to use MapFile in mapreduce

Hi

any pointers on how to use the MapFile with new mapreduce API.

I did find the correspondinf output format e.g.
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.MapFileOutputFormat, but was
not able to see how I can specify MapFileInputFormat ?  (naively I
thought that
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.SequenceFileInputFormat;
  should work for MapFile as well)

will I have to implement RecordReader in order to read from a MapFile ?

Thanks

Re: How to use MapFile in mapreduce

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Yes, your thought was right! Using SequenceFileInputFormat should work
fine (MapFile is just a specialization of it, a sorted one), so just
pass the input paths to it.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com