Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/26 21:32:05 UTC

Re: SV: accounting

Hi,

I recover this topic because I'm working on the adaptation of the spanish
accountancy plan (Plan General Contable) to Ofbiz and I think it is reusable
for other european countries and also to resolve some doubts.
In fact I am working on the low-medium sized companies PGC there is another
one for bigger enterprises, but it doesn't matter.

The firsts steps I have done are:

   - I've downloaded the PGC_ES_PYME.cvs from OpenBravo as Jeroen
   recommended and it contains all the chart accounts.
   - I've selected the columns that matches the *accountCode glAccountId
   parentGlAccountId accountName glAccountClassId*. With a little regexp and
   string replacement I've generated a data xml. I've used OpenBravo reference
   to know the meanings of the columns (
   http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/Creating_Accounts_Files)

Now, it seems that I have the PGC correctly loaded. I don't know if I have
to do more things in order to get the PGC fully integrated. I have some
doubts and I hope someone can point me to the right direction:

The first thing is related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3411. Regarding to point 1, what
are intended for the changes of the parentGlAccountid? In my case I used a
few predefined in Ofbiz (asset, liability, revenue, expense, resource) as
was referenced on the OpenBravo document. I don't know I will experience
some side-effect because I have a very limited knowledge of how accountancy
app works internally.
I left the GL_ACCOUNT_TYPE_ID and GL_RESOURCE_TYPE_ID with null values. In
this case I also don't know what can cause.
Another thing concerned to the adaptation is to know how to do auto
calculations for some accounts. In the spanish PGC there are a few accounts
that are calculated using the values of another ones. It this possible by
default?

I am probably missing some questions, but I think they will come along the
time...

Thanks a lot!

PS: If it is the interest of somebody I can attach the spanish PGC I have
created to the jira or wiki.

Re: SV: accounting

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jonatan,

What happened finally?

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: SV: accounting

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: SV: accounting

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
Comments inline.

> [...]

develop a solution following this approach. Then I can create a Jira patch
and link it from the wiki or whatever.

>  I am probably missing some questions, but I think they will come along the
>> time...
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>

>> PS: If it is the interest of somebody I can attach the spanish PGC I have
>> created to the jira or wiki.
>>

> Yes thanks, we could have a page in the wiki with this 1st effort going
> on...

May you tell me the procedure that you would like to do that.

> Jacques
>

>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM, <ma...@librenberry.net> wrote:
>>
>>  No, or not writing by neogia team's. If I want revert Naccounting
>>> improvement in OFBiz, it's the first operation that will do.
>>>
>>> Nicolas
>>>
>>>  Is there a document (in English) that outlines the main differences

Kind regards.

Re: SV: accounting

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.